Creating the perfect website call to action is essential for capturing customers ready to take the next step or interested in knowing more about your business. Here are the three easy steps you need to take to start boosting your conversion rate today.
How to Create the Perfect Website Call to Action
Creating a perfect website call to action on your website is essential for customers as they search for the next step.
Creating a call to action that puts the user in control is what really makes a difference. You may have heard the saying, “Everyone loves to buy, but no one wants to be sold.” Finding the way to successfully create desire is what will set you apart and get the website visitor (customer) to want more.
Most small businesses have a lot of room for growth on their websites for creating a successful online call to action. Some of the essentials that are overlooked include an easy to find phone number (or even including it on every page), including a method to re-connect with that visitor through an email subscription or other form to stay in touch.
In a study by Small Business Trends, 200 U.S. small businesses were polled and they found:
- 96 percent don’t feature any industry how-to guide or white papers on their home pages.
- 70 percent don’t reference any notable calls to action on their home pages.
- 72 percent don’t have any calls to action on their interior pages.
- 82 percent don’t reference their social media profiles.
- 27 percent don’t include a phone number on their home pages.
- 70 percent of websites with a phone number don’t display it in a prominent place.
- 68 percent don’t include an email address on their home pages.
- 38 percent of websites with an email address bury it on the home page.
If you are among the many who lack the clear calls to action on your website, what follows will help.
The Perfect Website Call to Action
Step 1: Get specific. Talk about the benefits to the customer and use keywords in your ad copy. A strong call to action should entice the visitor to learn more or get in touch with sales.
Step 2: Stand out. Make the calls to action stand out from the rest of your website. Use colors that make an impact. Your CTA should stick out and say, ‘Pay attention to me.’
Step 3: Go Step by Step. Take a step by step approach to your call to action. Someone visitors may not be ready to ‘Buy Now.’ They may want you to prove you have something of value. Sometimes giving something away for free can help start a trusting relationship.
Creating the perfect CTA isn’t easy, but it is one of the most important aspects of an effective website. If it isn’t clear what a visitor is supposed to do next, chances are they will leave the site, never to visit again. Contact us if you’re driving traffic to your website, but having a hard time converting visitors into leads.